Friday 14 November 2008

Suddenly, I feel old....

..... and as if the world has passed me by. The BBC online magazine has this story of something I had never previously inagined:


Wife walks in and finds husband in an compromising position on the sofa with another woman. Wife feels betrayed. Wife files for divorce. Marriage ends.

It's a familiar scenario in soap operas, but for one married couple it was all too real. Sort of.

Amy Taylor and David Pollard met in an online chatroom in 2003, got married and shared their interest in Second Life, a virtual world in which users create avatars to interact with each other.

But the marriage ended after Ms Taylor's online character saw her husband's avatar having sex on a sofa with a female prostitute.


There is more here but my mind is just too boggled to continue now. I may come back to it later.

No comments: